The Bachelor of Arts in Leadership degree program prepares students to:
- Use a portfolio assessment and data analysis to measure organizational strengths, needs and outcomes necessary for success in a competitive environment.
- Apply a variety of organizational and business leadership strategies based on changing contexts in economic and operating situations.
- Demonstrate sound principles and practices in business law and ethics.
- Apply a working knowledge of the principles and practices of managerial economics and finance, human resource leadership, strategic planning, marketing, public relations and business development.
- Demonstrate in a business plan-related capstone project mastery of balanced reasoning and analysis using research methodology and depth and breadth of degree program knowledge.
The Bachelor of Arts in Management major is a traditional business degree program designed for individuals desiring to gain the knowledge, skills and perspectives that will enable them to become effective managers in an organization or business.
The Leadership concentration provides additional coursework in organizational dynamics, conflict management, teamwork, and psychology, preparing graduates for leadership in a variety of settings.
General Education Requirements – 54 credits
|ENG101A||Reading and Composition||3|
|ART220||Introduction to Film||3|
|ENG101B||Critical Thinking, Reading & Writing||3|
|BIO151||Introduction to Biology||3|
|ENG204||Interdisciplinary Reading, Writing, and Research||3|
Management Core Requirements – 42 credits
|MGT301||Leadership in Organizations and Business Management||3|
|MGT303||Management Theories and Practices||3|
|MGT304||Organizational and Business Communication||3|
|MGT313||Business Law and Ethics||3|
|MGT358||Production and Operations Management||3|
|MGT401||Information Systems for Business Process and Management||3|
|MGT410||Human Resources Management||3|
Leadership Concentration Requirements – 24 credits
|LDR472||Mentoring and Team Leadership||3|
|LDR481||Principles and Practice of Leadership||3|