Kathleen “Kae” Belgrade, Ph.D., Ed.D.
Chair, Department of Psychology
Professor, Psychology and Education
- Post-Doctorate, Neuropsychiatry research, Stanford University (2008 - 2011)
- Training Neuropsychiatry, Vanderbilt (Online), (2005 - 2007)
- Doctorate and M.A., Post-Doctoral Group Brain Research Study, University of California, San Francisco, (2005 - 2010)
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology (Cum Laude), Center for Psychological Studies / Graduate School of Human Behavior, (2003)
- Ed.D., Education, Curriculum and Instruction (Cum Laude), University of San Francisco, (1989)
- M.A., Early Childhood Education (Cum Laude), State University of New York, (1980)
- M.S., Nursing, Community Mental Health (Cum Laude), State University of New York, (1976)
- B.S., Nursing D'Youville College, Buffalo, NY, (1971)
Dr. Kathleen Belgrade's complementary expertise in psychology and education and her personal and professional devotion earned her the honor of Patten University's Most Dedicated Professor in 2011 and 2012. As a psychology professor, Dr. Belgrade teaches classes in Abnormal Psychology, Counseling, Personality Theory, Developmental Psychology and Biological Basis of Behavior. Her work in the Education Department focuses on Teacher Education Classes, Advanced Curriculum and Instruction, Comparative Curriculum Development, Educational Assessment & Learning, and Health Education for Classroom Teachers.
Concurrent with her work at Patten, Dr. Belgrade has worked as an elementary school teacher in several California public school districts. She is committed to literacy and has credentials in various Reading, Language Arts and Early Literacy Instruction programs. She consults on curriculum development for elementary through university level education.
Dr. Belgrade's focus on learning extends from her research, papers and degrees in clinical and pediatric psychology, to her active role in the classroom and beyond. She is a published poet, with a forthcoming collection of poems for children (Minerva press). She is also a registered nurse in the states of California and New York — serving as a United States Army Captain - Pediatric and Psychiatric Nurse for five years. Dr. Belgrade is currently conducting Post Doctoral Research on the Possible Biological Basis of Child and Adolescent Psychology.